WHAT WE DO
DayStar invites you and your family to become involved in our ministries that focus on those in our church family and those outside our doors. We have opportunities to serve in:
- Life Groups
- College and Career
- Students (Grades 6 -12)
- Children (Nursery - Grade 5)
We want to be involved in local ministries, organizations, and endeavors to help influence people for the cause of Christ. The fundamental belief that helps us stay focused on the mission is this: “You influence from afar; you impact up close.”
We feel we are called to follow Christ in four areas of life:
• Love God through worship. We live that out daily in our full devotion to Christ and as we gather weekly
for corporate worship (John 4:24, Romans 12:1, Hebrews 10: 24-25).
• Grow in God through small groups. We believe that life change happens in small groups of Christian
community. At DayStar, we call them Life Groups (Luke 6:12-13, Acts 2:42-47, Philippians 1:6).
• Serve God through teams. We encourage people to serve others based on their gifts and passions
(Romans 12, 1 Corinthians 12 and 14, Ephesians 4:12-13).
• Share God through outreach. We desire to reach people for Jesus by impacting local communities and
those around the world (Matthew 20:26-28, Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 1:8).
It is our goal to reach people who have not been in church for ten, twenty or thirty years or have never been in church at all. We want to reach people who desperately need the Lord.
We want to identify and respond to specific needs in our community, and build relationships through individual investment. By doing this, we will make Jesus famous one life at a time.
DayStar’s strategy is simple. We believe complexity blurs the vision of what God has called us to do. We will be contemporary in our methods, conservative in our message, and intentional about helping to meet the needs of the Lenoir City area.
We want to be known for our exceptional children and student ministries, Life (small) groups, contemporary worship services, servant evangelism, community outreach projects and a strong emphasis upon missions.